Below you'll find our policies. We are highly transparent about what we offer and what we expect of those who rent our property. Take a look and see if our rules match your needs!
- A booking fee of 1/3 of the total value of the event package is required to confirm rental of Winn Homestead. The booking fee serves as a hold for the contracted date and is deducted from the final invoice.
- A refundable damage/cleaning deposit of $400.00 is required 1 month prior to the event in the form of a check that is only cashed in the event of damage occurring to the facility or if additional cleanup is required as a result of the event.
- Full payment is required 1 month prior to the event.
- Payment via cash or check is preferred.
- Processing fee of 3.5% for payment by credit or debit card.
- A $30.00 charge will be assessed on all returned checks.
CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS
- In the event of a cancellation, fees paid to-date are non-refundable unless the date is rebooked by another party for an event priced equal to or greater than the value of the cancelled event.
- The fees paid to-date are refundable one week after the second event occurs.
- Refunds will not be made due to bad weather.
- Should the original contracted date be cancelled and rescheduled for a new date, a fee of 5% of the event package price will be assessed. This only applies if the cancellation occurs less than 6 months before the contracted date.
- Should the original contracted date be rescheduled for a new date, a new contract will be required.
- Event package hours are from 8:00 A.M. to 11:00 P.M. Bridal Suite is available from 8:00 A.M. to 12:00 A.M. (midnight)
- One hour is provided for a rehearsal on a day previous to the event, to be determined by Winn Homestead in cooperation with the renter. Additional time can be added at the rate of $100 per hour.
- Alcohol service will end 45 minutes prior to the scheduled ending time of the event or four hours after the beginning of alcohol service, whichever comes first.
- Music will end 15 minutes prior to the scheduled ending time of the event.
- Guests are to be off the premises by 11:00 P.M.
- Cleanup is to be completed by 12:00 A.M. (Midnight)
- The client assumes full responsibility for any damage to the facilities and grounds including any caused by any vendor contracted by the client to be on the premises.
- The client forfeits their $400.00 deposit if any damage occurs to the facilities. If the damages exceed $400.00 the client will be billed for the additional amount.
- The client assumes all liability for the service of alcohol.
- Self-service of alcohol is not permitted.
- A properly licensed caterer must provide alcohol services or the client must hire a licensed bartender.
- Alcohol service will only begin after the ceremony and cannot begin prior to the ceremony.
- Alcohol service is limited to and will not exceed 4 hours.
- Non-alcoholic beverages and food must be served while alcohol is being consumed or served.
- No underage drinking is allowed. This includes the bride and groom.
- Guests are not allowed to bring alcohol onto the premises.
- Open containers may not leave the premises.
- Winn Homestead Events reserves the right to terminate alcohol service should problems be observed.
- Caterers of the client’s choice are permitted.
- A meeting between the caterer and Winn Homestead Events must be arranged if the caterer has not previously provided services here.
- Caterers are responsible for the removal of all their items, garbage (over 300 gallons of capacity), and equipment by the close of the event.
- Caterers are prohibited from dumping ice, food, grease, or any other substance on the facility grounds.
- Disk Jockeys (DJ) and small musical groups of the client’s choice are permitted.
- A meeting between the client’s DJ/entertainer and Winn Homestead Events must be arranged if they have not previously provided services here.
- The client assumes full responsibility for the contracted entertainers.
- Winn Homestead Events reserves the right to control the noise level of any music.
- Winn Homestead Events is not responsible for any items or equipment set up in advance of the event or left unattended.
- No tape is to be applied to any barn floor surface.
- Care must be taken to not damage or scar floors.
- All equipment must be removed from the premises at the end of the event.
- No nails are to be driven into any of the buildings or trees.
- No tape is to be applied to any barn floor for any purpose.
- The use of confetti and jewels is discouraged. If used please be diligent in gathering them.
- Candles or open flame of any kind are permitted outside only, and must be in containers. Fire danger may preclude the use of an open flame; this will be determined by weather conditions and Winn Homestead Events.
- All decorations, flowers, etc. must be removed by the close of the event.
- Facility access for set up and decorating is allowed only during the rented time frame.
- Winn Homestead Events is not responsible for items delivered to the facility.
- The client shall monitor and be responsible for the behavior of all guests in attendance, including children.
- Winn Homestead Events shall not be held liable for accidents or injuries that should occur to a person attending the event.
- Winn Homestead Events shall not be held responsible for any injuries suffered due to the consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Winn Homestead Events is not responsible for damage to or theft from vehicles while parked on the premises.
- Children of all ages must be supervised at all times and cannot be left unattended.
- Animals will be permitted on the premises on a case by case basis and must be authorized prior to the event.
- Animals on the premises will require an additional cleaning deposit of $100.
- Client must provide adequate containment devices for any animal brought to the event.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bare feet are not allowed on the premises. Shoes are to be worn at all times.
- Fireworks of any kind are not permitted.
- Rice, birdseed, confetti, glitter, silk flower petals or similar items may not be scattered or thrown.
- All items, décor, personal belongings, food, and beverages brought onto the premises must be removed at the close of the event. With the exception of those items rented from a rental company that will be picking them up the next day.
- Smoking is allowed outside only and in designated areas.
- The client or caterer must remove all garbage in excess of 300 gallons of capacity, including bottles, and food waste, by the close of the event.
- The client is responsible for any rental of items for your event beside what Winn Homestead Events provides. This includes delivery, setup, take down, and return.
- Photos taken prior to or during the event may be used for display or publicity purposes for Winn Homestead Events. Client may request, in writing, the photos of their event not be used.
- Driving and parking on lawn areas is prohibited. (Winn Homestead staff may, upon request, allow access for loading and unloading, and will be allowed only with the direction and supervision of a Winn Homestead staff member.)